Regular / Temp
Full / Part
The Maintenance Lead must possess at least 2 years’ experience in Property Management and supervising
maintenance staff. Must have knowledge in diagnosing and performing repairs that are more technical in nature,
requiring highly skilled levels of knowledge. Tasks are performed in several trades or crafts. Maintains property
within commercial standards. Ensures property presents a professional, well-kept appearance.
- Ensures assigned properties present an aesthetically pleasing appearance in accordance with established
property management standards.
- Conducts daily property walking inspections of all areas of the assigned property to ensure the property
will achieve a superior rating for any required inspections.
- Completes and delegates assigned work orders correctly and in a timely manner. Provides efficient and
courteous service to clients/tenants, leaving work areas clean upon completion of work and manages
maintenance staff the same
- Monitors and makes repairs as needed, including the following: electrical, plumbing, heating, air
conditioning, appliances and carpentry. Investigates and assesses all mold reports, ensuring all reports
are documented and remedied promptly, and informs Property Manager.
- Will be on standby duty for emergency calls after normal duty hours and weekends. Works on-call
emergency and after-hours calls as scheduled by the Manager or designee or if needed to cover Regional
Maintenance Lead and/or Make Ready Technicians.
- Responsible for all inspection results. Executing repairs, ensuring all areas identified have been
corrected in accordance with prevailing standards in a timely manner. Ensures all areas identified during
inspections, such as quarterly, annual, move-in, and move-out, are repaired in a timely manner.
- Supervises, prepares and monitors vacant dwelling units for new tenants, including painting, repairs,
security and cleaning of units, ensuring the total turning of the unit within 10 days or less, preferably
under ten days.
- Correctly completes all required logs and paperwork involving inventory, distributing and completion of
daily work orders, sanitation, daily fleet vehicle service inspections or and any other assigned reports.
Monitors and orders maintenance stock needed/used and picks up and delivers parts and paperwork.
- Procurement of new carpet, flooring, A/C repairs, roof repairs, landscaping, pest control, etc. Interaction
and communication with vendors. Move in/out of inventory. Valence documentation. Entering work
orders, tracking and ordering for PO’s and Work orders. Scheduling of preventative maintenance.
Upkeep of Make Ready Board. Assist Property Manager with maintenance reports and maintenance up
- Responsible for update of City Electrical License.
- Supervises and maintains the use, operation and cleaning of the work area, tools, equipment and
vehicles. Recommends changes or corrections in the use of equipment as necessary. Ensures that tools,
equipment and vehicles are safely operated, maintained and secured when not in use.
- Monitors and makes repairs and adjustments to various appliances (e.g. refrigerators, electric stoves,
furnaces, electric motors, smoke detectors, and heat pumps), and obtains approval prior to replacement
of appliances when necessary.
- Occasionally repairs, installs or replaces wiring and parts for electrical outlets, switches, light fixtures
and breaker switches/fuses.
- Occasionally repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures and fittings (e.g. leaky faucets, clogged drains and
sewer lines, sprinkler systems, damaged toilets, sinks, and water cutoffs). Repairs and replaces water
heaters and lavatory sinks.
- Occasionally repairs, replaces and services heating units, and all types of air conditioning systems.
- Occasionally repairs/replaces/paints/touches up damaged walls exterior or interior, roofs, woodwork,
floors, gutters and downspouts, gates, doors and door locks, windows, window shades and glass, door
and window screens, cabinets, doorbells, , fans , and insulation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Property Manager, designee or by the Executive