Director of Finance & Govt. Programs
We are looking for a Full-time Procurement / Accounts Receivable Specialist to support the Finance Department at the Housing Authority of Bexar County main office. The Specialist is primarily responsible for processing accounts receivables along with coordinating, facilitating, and expediting capital fund and development related procurements for the Authority utilizing all appropriate procurement methods. The Procurement / Accounts Receivable Specialist is required to perform all procurement and accounting related tasks in accordance with established business processes, HABC Policies and Procedures, applicable federal, state, and local regulations, and the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Procurement guidelines.
• Facilitate all levels of the procurement process from advertising through contract award.
• Prepare bid tabulations and scoring matrices from vendor responses to open solicitations.
• Accurately maintain all supporting files and documentations for each assigned procurement.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop appropriate specifications, scope of work,
and related procurement materials.
• Conduct pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences.
• Prepare and issue notices (if necessary) for a procurement.
• Assist in the development of procurement related resolutions for approval by the HABC Board
• Source and interview potential vendors regarding their products and services.
• Ensure awarded vendors are in good business standing.
• Conduct negotiations with vendors, if necessary.
• Facilitate the resolution of procurement related issues.
• Posts payments by recording cash, checks and credit/debit card transactions.
• Posts payments by verifying and entering transactions from night drop box.
• Processing monthly tenant rent statements.
• Handle receipts, preparing and verifying bank deposits, and monitoring accounts receivable.
• Maintains absolute confidentiality of all records and information.
• Make copies of all checks, and complete deposit slips for daily bank deposits.
• Work with accounting specialist to verify status of delinquent accounts.
• Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates and place orders with suppliers, mail order
forms or online order.
• Maintain knowledge of all organizational and governmental rules affecting
• Serves as back up to the Accounting Specialist and all duties related.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Government Programs & Finance and/or Executive