Director of Communities
The Regional Property Manager oversee assigned properties, ensuring the physical condition and monitoring work for accuracy, completeness, conformity to policy and achievement of goals and objectives. The Regional Property Manager receives instructions from the Director of Communities and is expecting to monitor, manage, and communicate with the Property Managers for the accomplishment of all financial and physical goals and objectives of the properties.
The Regional Manager is also responsible to deliver exemplary customer service with the utmost professional demeanor, when interacting with residents, owners, community members, vendors, and employees.
• Maintain desired internal financial benchmarks for each assigned property with the portfolio as defined by the Director of Communities and Executive Director. That includes, without limitation, occupancy levels, income levels, delinquency percentages, and cash flows.
• Perform property inspections with property managers to assess vacant units, property exterior, office, and maintenance facilities at assigned properties. • Conduct quality control inspections of the premises and internal audits to ensure compliance with all Federal, State, local, and HABC/BMDC policies and procedures.
• Assist the Director on track and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual report for TDHCA, and any other applicable agency.
• Assist the Director of Communities conducting bids, evaluating purchase orders, and negotiate contracts for maintenance repairs.
• Ensure the efficiency of property management staff by providing ongoing training, instruction, counseling, and leadership with the Director of Communities.
• Support staff to encourage teamwork and lead by example in creating a harmonious environment.
• Work closely with Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, and other departments to ensure the higher performance of the communities.
• Responsible for overseeing all compliance with properties inventory and fleet.
• Responsible for preparing and submitting weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the Directors, Executive Director, Board of Commissioners and any local, state, or federal agency applicable.
• Serve as a Property Manager as needed.
Other duties as assigned.